Report a Flood was created by the Flood Control District of Maricopa County to enable residents to view and share images and videos of current and past flooding incidents.
You will not receive a personal response when you upload a photo or video through Report a Flood. If you wish to speak with someone about flooding issues in Maricopa County, contact the Flood Control District of Maricopa County at (602) 506-2419.
The photographs or videos that you submit through Report a Flood may be displayed on this website and/or used for other Flood Control District of Maricopa County public displays. By submitting a photograph or video, you are providing consent for the photograph or video to be publically displayed. Please note that your personal information will not be displayed or provided to any other entity without your consent.
Flooding information presented on this website has been submitted by members of the public. This information is used for recording historical and recent flood events and to provide information for flood hazard outreach and identification. The Flood Control District of Maricopa County makes no guarantee of any nature concerning the authenticity, accuracy, reliability, completion, or timeliness of the contents, photographs, or videos, and shall not be liable for errors or damages in connection with this information and makes no guarantee the photographs or videos are free of copyright infringement. Every area in Maricopa County is inherently subject to flooding; therefore, the absence of reported flooding incidents should not be interpreted as to indicate no flooding in the area.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be 18 years or older to submit a photograph and/or text description.
- Report a Flood is not a replacement for 9-1-1 or calling local fire/EMS/police. If you are in need of emergency assistance, please call 9-1-1.
- Do not put any person or property at risk of harm to use Report a Flood.
- Do not use Report a Flood to report criminal activity. If you have information for law enforcement, please contact your local police department.
- By submitting a photograph, you acknowledge that you own the copyright to the photograph and any associated text description and grant the Flood Control District of Maricopa County a non-exclusive, royalty-free, unconditional, world-wide license to use, display, and redistribute a copy of the photograph and any text description in any format to any entity. The Flood Control District of Maricopa County will attribute the photograph and any text description to “Report a Flood User.”
- All content is moderated, meaning that photographs and text descriptions will be reviewed prior to being posted and are subject to rejection based on the Content Guidelines listed below.
- The Flood Control District of Maricopa County does not guarantee or warrant that any information posted through Report a Flood is correct and disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on any such information. The Flood Control District of Maricopa County will not verify, does not warrant or guarantee, and assumes no liability for anything posted through Report a Flood.
- The Flood Control District of Maricopa County does not require users to create an account in order to submit content.
- The Flood Control District of Maricopa County reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
- For questions, comments, or to ask that a photograph be removed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Only flooding-related photographs and text descriptions of events taking place in Maricopa County will be accepted.
- All content is moderated to ensure that it is flooding related. All approved content will be made publicly available.
- Photographs, videos, and text descriptions will be edited to remove any personal information, such as names, property addresses, e-mail addresses.
Content (Photographs & Text Descriptions) That Will Not Be Accepted
- Content that is not flooding related and/or is off-topic.
- Content that includes abusive or vulgar language, hate speech, personal attacks or similar content.
- Content that promotes any commercial entities or products.
- Content that contains information on fund-raising campaigns or partisan political activity.
- Content that violates any person’s reasonable expectation of privacy or other privacy interest, including, but not limited to, people on private property, children, interiors of homes and interiors of hospitals or other medical facilities.
Report a Flood is Not:
- A place to submit unsolicited proposals or other business ideas or inquiries.
- A place to submit a claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- A place to send in photographs for potential drainage or floodplain violation inspections or housing inspections, or questions or status inquiries about your specific case or floodplain use permit. Instead, please contact the Flood Control District of Maricopa County by visiting www.fcd.maricopa.gov, or by calling (602) 506-2419.
All approved content will be made publicly available. The Flood Control District of Maricopa County will collect and retain all original photographs, videos, and text descriptions in our records.